Guys & Girls, it’s time to fold your pants up! The wardrobe during the monsoon is restricted to the two C’s- Colour and Comfort. Go bright and flashy this monsoon. Vivid coloured tops and dresses are totally in vogue. Dress up in peacock blue, soft pinks and bright orange sexiest colours of this season. On the other hand, muted shades of grey and black and earthy tones of beige, brown and khaki will also spell style. Fabrics are natural – cotton, linenmostly, but developed ones like enzyme washed satins and crushed polyviscose knits in modalare in.
Capris in hues of dark brown and black work best with bright, solid colours to lighten one’s spirits on a dull day. Girls, the shorter the pant, the better it is! Team up Capris with short length ethnic kurtis in hues of peacock blue, purple, red, maroonand parrot green. Short flare skirts and knee length halter neck dresses with a scarfof exotic designs are a must have for evening wear. Asymmetrical synthetic kaftans are super hot this season when teamed with a tight fitting mini skirt. Fitted synthetic jackets in Chinese white and lemony yellow work best on any sporty outfit.
Say goodbye to full length denims, long ethnic skirts, saris and leather this season. However, if you are a denim freak, opt for light weight denim fabrics. Knee length Cargos of synthetic fabrics are a must have in casuals this season, for men and women both. Cargos in hues of red rust, light orange and military green are best for everyday rains.
We spoke to ace designers like Arshiya Fakih, Lina Tipnis, Shane Peacock, Narendra Kumar and Namrata G to figure out the key looks for men and women;
Key Looks for Women:
1. Denim or cotton capris in earthy tones look best when worn below trendy tunic kaftans inspired by the 80s prints. Can be accessorised with bold statement pieces in single tone shades and matching filp-flops.
2. A sporty sleeveless or a racer-back tee will attract all the attention when teamed up with shorts or hot pants, all in vibrant colours like sun yellow, hot pink, etc. Crocs or water friendly sports footwear work best here.
3. Trapez-shaped dresses with naturally inspired prints and excessive green foliage worn with basic pumps, replace the little black dress at the more formal occasions.
4. Trendy tops above roll up denims above unisex sandals can be experimented at whim. Another hot favourite is the boyfriend jeans, apt for the care a damn monsoon look.
5. Mini-skirts in colours of the rainbow should be worn with a white top and accessorised with funky and colourful neck pieces and earrings.
Key Looks for Men:
1. A pastel shirt with prints or plaids suits best with simple jeans. Comfy slippons spell both style and functionality.
2. Chinos in linen and cargos in cotton look best with military inspired tees to complete that trendy safari look. Boots or covered sandals will go with this one.
3. Lean fitted trousers should be worn with a trendy shirt with oversized pockets, tennis shoes complete the look.
4. Single breasted, buttoned trench coat in black with contrasting big collar shirts inspired by the 70’s is the way to be at a night occasion.
5. Three fourth cargos and a sporty vest with a slingy pouch matching those crocs readies you for hitting the beach.